How To Sell Your Jewellery This Valentine’s Day?
Old gives way to new, and if your jewellery box is loaded with stuff which is no longer in fashion, then it is high time you sell your old jewellery and get some quick money to either revamp your collection or invest in something more important. Selling your gold or diamond jewellery is not as simple as putting up something for sale on e-Bay. When the value is high, the stakes are high too, and you need to get the right value for the jewellery you sell.
When you step out to sell your old jewellery, ponder over the following questions:
- What is the best time to sell gold?
- Which is the best place to sell jewellery?
- What is the true value of the jewellery?
- Is it safe to sell online?
- Is comparing the price quotations from different buyers a good idea?
- How can I get in touch with a genuine buyer?
Thus, an understanding of these questions and an insight into the following points will guide you when you make up your mind to sell your old jewellery.
- Gather details: This will include information regarding:
- Brand: Whether you have branded jewellery like Cartier, Tiffany etc or unbranded jewellery, the market is open in either case.
- Material: Do you have gold jewellery, diamond or platinum, what sort of diamond is used and what is the carat weight are some questions which will determine the value you get for your jewellery when you sell it.
- Age: If you have a piece of jewellery which is 20 years old it will fall under the vintage category and if it happens to be 100 years old, it is antique and will fetch you a good deal.
- Wear and tear: The value of your jewellery will decrease if it has some scratches or shows signs of wear and tear.
From Where will You Get This Information?
Receipt at the time of purchase, authenticity cards, GIA report and gemmological lab certifications will provide the necessary information you are looking for while selling your old jewellery.
- Find a buyer: Depending on how you want to proceed and how quickly you want money, you can choose amongst:
- Auction house
- Hatton Garden
- Expert International Jewellery Buyers
- Find the worth of your old jewellery: Getting an honest and true value of the old jewellery is important in cracking the deal. You must look for the business houses that work globally and can capitalize on the competitiveness in the market. Jewellery specialists and expert gemmologists must give the right value of your old jewellery.
- Close the deal: Once you have spoken to the buyer and you are comfortable with the price quoted, schedule an appointment and choose how you want the payment to be made. (in cash or online transfer)
Selling your old jewellery has to be a calculated decision, and for this, you should know the right approach to value your asset. For more information, get in touch with us and get the right price for your jewellery.